Recent Water Damage Posts
We Provide Immediate Attention To Your Water Damage Disaster
Our recovery teams are prepped and ready to respond on a moments notice. We are available 24/7 so don't hesitate and call us right away.
Inspection, Assessment and Remediation of Water Damage in Montgomery
Dealing with property damages is a job for professionals. Haphazard remediation efforts can result in further issues or persistent problems. Our service provides technicians with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification to ensure they can mitigate losses and repair your home correctly. As a locally owned company, we can offer reduced call out times and a twenty-four-hour contact number for emergencies.
Properties with water damage in the valley require immediate attention. Over time, residual moisture can cause mal-odors or microbial growth in carpets, insulation, and soft furnishings. Failure to attend to these issues can result in permanent problems that may need wholesale replacements. Using SERVPRO can help you to take back control of your property after excess quantities of water enter the home.
The first phase of water restoration is to conduct a thorough inspection. Initially, SERVPRO technicians assess the visible signs of moisture, starting from the source and working outwards. Since water migrates rapidly, we may also need to conduct a more thorough search using a range of detection equipment. This equipment could include thermal imaging cameras, moisture sensors, and thermal hygrometers.
It is not uncommon for SERVPRO to temporarily remove fittings around the home to establish a thorough drying procedure. Carpets, for example, are porous materials and imbibe moisture. Beneath your carpet, the sub floor mat may have broken apart or become saturated. We can remove, dispose, and replace your sub floor mat before returning your dry carpet to its original position.
In some situations, it may be necessary to dry your property overnight. To do this, SERVPRO can deploy dehumidifiers or rapid air movers to establish an airflow within the affected area. Air circulation helps to evaporate residual moisture while dehumidifiers can remove the evaporated moisture from the surrounding air. A procedure like this can help to establish a properly dry area and control microbial growth after water damage.
For a highly trained effort in water damage remediation, contact SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg at (956) 585-3499 today.
How to Prevent Water Damage
Here at SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg, we are water damage specialists, and we compiled a small list on how to prevent water damage from happening often in your home:
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts - Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockage. Standing water can cause damage to your gutters and roof. Don’t forget to clean downspouts to ensure water can flow through, and secure downspouts so that they point away from the home.
- Know your Water Main - Know the location of your water main and shut it off if you leave for an extended amount of time.
- Check Appliances Regularly - Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly - If you choose to ignore any water damage, or postpone making the necessary repairs, be prepared to experience mold, mildew, dry rot, or even structural damage to your home.
- Upgrade Washing Machine Hoses - Old, brittle or leaky washing machine hoses are among the most frequent causes of water loss for homeowners. Replace yours often throughout the year to avoid expensive damage.
- Check Your Water Pressure - If the water pressure to your home is too high, then your pipes and hoses may fail under the high pressure. Buy a water pressure gauge at a local hardware store, attach it to an outside faucet, and turn the faucet to full force. The gauge will give you a reading of the home’s water pressure. Typical homes water systems are designed for a pressure of 40 – 70 psi. Anything above 70 psi will put your plumbing at risk.
- Monitor Your Water Bill - Sometimes, the only way you know that water is leaking is taking a closer look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next, then there is probably a leak somewhere in the home.
If you do unfortunately experience water damage, we are here to help. Call us at (956)585-3499
Why hesitation leads to Mold Growth.
A water loss from a faulty pipe can lead to mold growth if not handled properly.
Perla Chapa- Marketing Support Coordinator
SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg professionals handle water damages on a daily basis and the most important thing to them is to take action as soon as possible to prevent mold growth.
Mold is likely to spread in an environment that has been subject to moisture for an extended period of time. If your property has sustained recent water damage, it is vital to extract any excess water/moisture and dry out the structure right away.
In an area like ours, down here in the RGV, quick action is especially critical. Since we have a warmer climate, combined with almost 100% humidity pretty frequently, it is crucial that we respond without any hesitation.
Here is a list of things to be on the watch for once you notice that there is moisture present:
- The presence of visible mold,
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
- Stagnant or “stale” air.
Certain conditions may even require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems.
Now, after seeing just how much effort goes into mitigation work, it’s clear to see why these are situations that require special professional attention.
If you have an emergency water loss, don't hesitate to call the Professionals at SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg.
24 hour emergency services
We have seen it all!
This flooded home was caused by a recent storm.
When it comes to water damage, You would be surprised how many big water losses we have come across to like this one! No matter the size of the job, We have the ability to handle any situation calmly, and professionally, and give you the best results in every water job we receive. This home suffered an emergency water loss and our team responded as soon as possible, Once we arrived at the scene, we began services as quick as possible to prevent any further damages. Our Team started off the project with extracting the standing water that was remaining in the customers home. We then proceeded to separate all the salvageable items, and the un-salvageable items in the home. Our Technicians had to remove our customers carpets due to the water being a category 3 Loss. Once we finished the extraction, we began the mitigation process. After the home was dry we the proceeded to the final step, which is repairs to our customers home.
Commercial Water Damage Clean-up
Commercial water damage cleanup by SERVPRO.
Whenever your commercial business experiences a flood, there are many steps that you need to undertake. There's getting the leaking problem fixed, and getting the building cleaned up. Here at SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg, We have the solution to your water damage problem! We specialize in water restoration & clean-up for both commercial to residential buildings.
We understand that keeping your commercial business running efficiently is contingent upon your ability to clean up & continue operation's even If you've had a flooding event. That's why at SERVPRO, We have 24 hour emergency services where we will work throughout the night so no business days will be interrupted. We also complete a full inspection & work to clean & dehumidify any area's affected by the flooding.
It's important to us to take active measures towards commercial water damage clean-up right away because the longer you wait, the more quickly mold & mildew will begin to grow. By calling our SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg team rapidly, You can prevent some of the additional problems that may occur due to water damage.
The best part about working with us at SERVPRO is that we won't just clear away water & leave you to do the rest. We'll create an action plan that includes the restoration of your business so you can get back to your daily routine. Having our professionals by your side will make a big difference in the outcome of your commercial water damage cleanup.
Top 3 Things You Should Know About Water Damage
SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg are experts at water restoration.
Water Damage can be a huge hassle if not handled correctly. A surprise flood or leak, whether big or small, can cause major issues with your walls, flooring, and furniture. SERVPRO Of East Mission/South Edinburg would like to provide you 3 things to keep in mind when facing a water damage situation at home.
1. Don't Wait To Get Help- Its important to get help as quickly as possible once any water has affected your home to prevent any mold to start growing throughout your home. The sooner you get professional help, the better!
2. Start Drying The Area Right Away- The more you can dry the affected area's before help arrives, the better. Mopping up extra water with towels and rags will help the area dry faster. When drying the area, don't use a vacuum to remove water or use other fans or electrical appliances as they can be potentially dangerous if floor was affected with water.
3. The Damage Can Spread Deeper Than The Surface- Even if you clean up all the standing water, it's likely that more water seeped through the floor and base boards. If this extra water underneath your floor is not taken care of, It can quickly become a bigger problem, leading to mold and damage to the structure of your home.