Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO is One Team
When the south-central region of the United States endured below-freezing temperatures for multiple consecutive days, they turned to one brand to help restore their homes and businesses that were affected by burst pipes and water damage: SERVPRO. As the temperatures dropped, the number of customers affected by flooding caused burst pipes to quickly increase. By the end of the week, tens of thousands of home and business owners were calling SERVPRO to mitigate the damage. There’s a reason why during the most historic cold snap in 70 years, residents of the south-central and southwestern part of the United States called SERVPRO. In fact, there are about 1700. These 1700 reasons show up in the form of franchises and crews that have left their home states, some for extended periods of time, to travel with their equipment and assist local franchises in the restoration of these homes and businesses that suffered water damage. The amazing thing about choosing SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg is that our customers don’t just get access to one restoration company, but they partner with a trusted name in the restoration industry that has access to a network of franchises that are willing to come and assist in historic events such as the one we as a region experienced in February of 2021. So no matter if it’s hurricanes or freezes, SERVPRO is always ready to unite forces to help a region restore its communities, living true to the tagline: One Team.
Quotes From Real SERVPRO Of East Mission & South Edinburg Customers
Always Here to Help!
Dealing with any kind of property damage is extremely stressful, especially when mold is involved. At SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg we understand just how difficult every job we arrive at can be for our customers, so we strive to make the process as easy and stress free as possible. Our number one goal is to please our customers, no matter what the job is. Here are some quotes from real customers about the service they received from SERVPRO:
"SERVPRO were professional, timely, and met all our expectations. I have been involved with 8 church projects for construction, repair, and cleanup. SERVPRO was the best."
"I found SERVPRO to be an excellent company when we discovered some recent water damage and needed some mold remediation. They were very thorough and efficient in their work, and they kept me informed of what they were doing and the progress of the project. Shannon was great to work with and I would strongly recommend him and his company."
SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg has been working hard for years to provide the best service we can and will continue to put our very best foot forward. If you are in need of any of our services, call us at (956) 585-3433 ! We can make you losses seem "Like it never even happened".
Why Use SERVPRO? Here's Your Answer!
In most major cities such as ours, there are a few major restoration companies to choose from. So I guess the question is, why use SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg? The answer is very simple.
SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg has taken the time and dedication to help their community in times of need. Being on time and communicating with our customers is key in building a quality relationship, even if that relationship is created out of something negative such as water, fire and mold damages. Listening to our customers intently about their situation, then making sure we proceed accordingly based on what the customers desires require, is something we also pride ourselves on. In times of crisis, people turn to each other for help and comfort. This is a mandate that all of us here at SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg follow at work and in our regular lives.
Spring Home Allergies Can Be Annoying, Here Are Some Tips To Reduce That
Spring Cleaning, Keeps Those Allergies At Bay
Allergies Are No Fun!
Weather is getting warmer and spring will be here before you know it. Spring cleaning is essential in as weather warms because there are higher amounts of pollen in the air, contributing to your allergies.
Check out our tips to reduce the allergens that find their way into your home!
- Vacuum frequently, and make sure to use a HEPA filter to trap and lock away allergens.
- Throw out unnecessary clutter, so dust cannot hide.
- Try wearing a mask while you clean, so you don’t breathe in the germs you want to get rid of!
- Check water pipes for leaks and the potential for mold.
- Don’t wash with fragrance detergents, as they may trigger your allergies.
- Use your AC instead of opening your windows, to keep allergens out.
For Your Home's Deep Cleaning, Call SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg!
SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after damaging event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility for regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO wants our team to be part of your team! Call us at (956) 585-3433 or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
SERVPRO of East MIssion & South Edinburg Is The Vendor You Can Count On
Insurance adjusters often get a bad rap because they're "slow to handle claims," but the truth is that insurance companies can only move as fast as their vendors—of which there are often many. From the initial emergency response team to the cleanup crew, and from the appraiser to the underwriter, a single claim goes through many professionals before the adjuster can make a final decision. When one vendor experiences a hold up, all vendors experience a hold up, which can delay claim services by days or even weeks. When insurance companies work with SERVPRO, however, the claims process moves exponentially quicker.
Work With The #1 Restoration Franchise in Emergency Situations
In the event of an emergency, even a single day delay can have costly consequences for insureds. Not only does a delay mean that a business has to keep its doors closed for another day longer, but also, a delay can result in more extensive damage. Secondary damage, which occurs after 24 to 48 hours, is costly to fix, as it often involves structural damage. Examples of secondary damage include the following:
- Rotted drywall
- Rotted structural beams
- Buckling hardwood floors
- Mold growth
- Peeling vinyl and other flooring materials
In an emergency situation, the right Mission or Edinburg, TX emergency response team will not only be on site within one to four hours, but also, it can help speed up the claim services process.
How SERVPRO Assists With Claims
The national leader in damage restoration not only responds immediately to emergency situations but also, it performs pretesting and itemized loss inventory. It also provides insurers with the fast, accurate information they need to make sound claims decisions, including a complete electronic file, online access to files and informative reports that can serve to improve results and cut job cost data.
Why You Should Choose SERVPRO
Every day at SERVPRO we get asked by our customers: “Why SERVPRO?” We, of course, can give you statistics and show you our outstanding reviews from Google. But that just paints a picture of what we do – and how we do it. But to us, the answer of “Why SERVPRO” goes a bit deeper and we can find it in our staff.
Our staff is filled with amazing people, and each person brings unique qualities to our team. You’ll be hard pressed to find a day where someone isn’t laughing or telling some sort of story. We’re so much more than just a team, we’re a family here at SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg and we are proud of that fact. Our family and team work is why SERVPRO is the best team to handle your disaster.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set fourth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC's guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC Recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and Local authorities
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today!
SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg, (956)585-3499
We Provide Post Construction Cleanup!
Post Construction Debris Cleanup In our Clients Home.
Perla Chapa - Marketing Coordinator
When you think about post construction clean up, does this sound like debris removal or cleanup of dust and dirt? A post construction cleanup is actually both!
The job scope can include removing construction debris such as loose boards and scraps from inside the structure, sweeping the floors, prepping for carpet or other types of flooring, washing windows, and dusting. Our final interior cleanup is a detailed top to bottom white glove clean after construction wraps up. Our trained team can perform services for both residential customers and commercial clients. We have completed work in small apartments, large homes, restaurants, city buildings, and large scale commercial facilities.
If you are having work done in your home or business and will need a post construction clean, give our office a call for a walk through. Our project manager will provide a break down of the job scope as well as a detailed estimate specific to your project. (956) 585-3499
From Carpets to Catastrophes.
Our SERVPRO Professionals are IICRC Certified in all of the cleaning, and restoration services we provide.
Perla Chapa - Marketing Coordinator
What SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Can Do For You.
SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Provides a variety of services for both Commercial, and Residential Properties.
The services we Provide are as Followed:
- Fire, smoke, and Soot Cleanup, and Restoration - Pretesting helps SERVPRO determine what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke, and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
- Water Removal, and Dehumidification - SERVPRO Professionals identify the source, and type of water, which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature, and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
- Crime Scene, Biohazard, and Vandalism Cleanup - SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Technicians are trained to safely, and effectively clean biohazardous substances, and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and Local Health, and state Regulations.
- Mold Mitigation, and Remediation - SERVPRO Professionals work to control, and remediate mold contaminants while protecting your health, and safety.
- Contents Claim Inventory Service - Accurate inventory helps keep costs low, and reduces job completion time. We can provide an itemized, area-by-area loss inventory.
- Air Duct, and HVAC Cleaning - Our Technicians can inspect your HVAC system, and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors, and improve indoor air quality.
- Carpet, and Hard Floor Cleaning, and Care - We use the latest IICRC training as well as state of the art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet's pile, and backings.
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications - Using IICRC standards for carpet as a guide, SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg will show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet's level of soiling, and explain the benefits of soil protection.
- Odor Identification, and Deodorization - SERVPRO Technicians will find the source of the odor, and determine the best methods to neutralize, and eliminate it.
- Upholstery, and Drapes: Wet or Dry Cleaning Methods - Fabrics are inspected, and tested to determine the safest, and most effective cleaning methods.
Why SERVPRO Is A Better Restoration System.
We always make sure our equipment is looking sharp after every job!
Perla Chapa - Marketing Support Coordinator
Over the years, SERVPRO franchise professionals have developed new, and advanced ways to make sure every job is complete to our SERVPRO Standards, and for our customers satisfaction.
The Right Equipment
SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg understands using the proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing claims loss expense. When time matters, technology, and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO will answer your call with fast action, exceptional equipment, and trained, uniformed personnel. Certainly, the right tool for the job is vital to timely mitigation.
Psychrometrics is the study of the air, and its properties. The properties of temperature, humidity, vapor pressure, and dew point are measured to evaluate air conditions in the structure, enabling a SERVPRO franchise professional to create the proper atmosphere for more efficient drying.
Scoping involves locating the areas of the structure into which water has intruded, and defining the extent to which the structure, and contents have absorbed moisture. Moisture detection devices are also used to verify an environment has been dried thoroughly.
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in carpets, and carpet padding.
- Moisture Meters are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate moisture readings that enable SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Professionals to monitor the drying process.
- Thermo-Hygrometers measure both temperature, and relative humidity. Capturing these two readings, a SERVPRO franchise professional using a psychrometric chart can calculate specific humidity, dew point, and vapor pressure.
- Infrared Cameras can identify the location, and extent of moisture in walls very effectively.
- Manometers allow SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg to measure the difference in air pressure when creating a negative air pressure environment.
Who is SERVPRO and Why choose us for your Cleaning and Restoration Needs?
SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg
Perla Chapa - Marketing support coordinator
The fairly typical scenario we’ve probably all had the misfortune to witness: broken/leaky pipe. It’s more of a common occurrence than I first believed. It’s a major pain to deal with. More so out of inconvenience than anything else. It’s not really that large of a situation to call up your insurance company and file a claim.
The last thing you want to have to do is file a claim and mess with your insurance. So, what do you do?? Guess you grab some towels and buckets and cancel your weekend plans, right?
Guess again! Not so fast!
You may ask: “Well what’s the harm in picking up the mess? It has to get done, right?”
The issue is really about all the things that are lying beneath the surface… behind the walls, under the carpet/tile. The things we don’t see.
- Do you have pets? No matter how well you’ve cleaned up after them, they leave behind all kinds of germs and bacteria, and when they come back into contact with water, those harmful toxins are reactivated and can leave foul odors, and stains
- What year was your home built? This may seem like a pointless question at first, but it really helps us find out what tools we’re gonna need to get the job done the right way. See, in the early 90's, there was a large amount of Chinese Dry Wall being used in home construction. The difference in this type of drywall is that it is a lot more dense, heavier and may even contain metal. This plays a big role in how long we’d need to leave drying equipment set up.
The type of insulation of your home is another factor to consider. Carpet? Type of carpet pad? Type of tile? Ceramic? Sub floor? Plank wood floor? You get the idea.
- Relative Humidity. Well you can just open a window, right? That’ll dry it out, right? Relative Humidity. That’s the difference between humidity in the home vs. outside the home. And the difference in whether you might get mold or not. Unless you have the equipment to test the moisture levels in the air, then it may not be the best idea.
You may be able to mop up the surface, but that’s as far as most will be able to reach. It’s the water you don’t see that becomes the problem. Can’t exactly mop behind your walls, or under your tile. A few weeks may go by and you’ll notice a funky smell that never really goes away… and that’s when you’ll know: mold.
Although at first thought, it may seem like unnecessary, fancy solutions to a simple problem… it’s honestly way more than that. Getting in front of the problem to prevent secondary damage is what SERVPRO does best.
So next time you experience any kind of unexpected mishap, test us out and see what SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg can do for you.