We Provide Immediate Attention To Your Water Damage Disaster
Our recovery teams are prepped and ready to respond on a moments notice. We are available 24/7 so don't hesitate and call us right away.
Inspection, Assessment and Remediation of Water Damage in Montgomery
Dealing with property damages is a job for professionals. Haphazard remediation efforts can result in further issues or persistent problems. Our service provides technicians with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification to ensure they can mitigate losses and repair your home correctly. As a locally owned company, we can offer reduced call out times and a twenty-four-hour contact number for emergencies.
Properties with water damage in the valley require immediate attention. Over time, residual moisture can cause mal-odors or microbial growth in carpets, insulation, and soft furnishings. Failure to attend to these issues can result in permanent problems that may need wholesale replacements. Using SERVPRO can help you to take back control of your property after excess quantities of water enter the home.
The first phase of water restoration is to conduct a thorough inspection. Initially, SERVPRO technicians assess the visible signs of moisture, starting from the source and working outwards. Since water migrates rapidly, we may also need to conduct a more thorough search using a range of detection equipment. This equipment could include thermal imaging cameras, moisture sensors, and thermal hygrometers.
It is not uncommon for SERVPRO to temporarily remove fittings around the home to establish a thorough drying procedure. Carpets, for example, are porous materials and imbibe moisture. Beneath your carpet, the sub floor mat may have broken apart or become saturated. We can remove, dispose, and replace your sub floor mat before returning your dry carpet to its original position.
In some situations, it may be necessary to dry your property overnight. To do this, SERVPRO can deploy dehumidifiers or rapid air movers to establish an airflow within the affected area. Air circulation helps to evaporate residual moisture while dehumidifiers can remove the evaporated moisture from the surrounding air. A procedure like this can help to establish a properly dry area and control microbial growth after water damage.
For a highly trained effort in water damage remediation, contact SERVPRO of East Mission/South Edinburg at (956) 585-3499 today.
How to Prevent Water Damage
Here at SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg, we are water damage specialists, and we compiled a small list on how to prevent water damage from happening often in your home:
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts - Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockage. Standing water can cause damage to your gutters and roof. Don’t forget to clean downspouts to ensure water can flow through, and secure downspouts so that they point away from the home.
- Know your Water Main - Know the location of your water main and shut it off if you leave for an extended amount of time.
- Check Appliances Regularly - Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly - If you choose to ignore any water damage, or postpone making the necessary repairs, be prepared to experience mold, mildew, dry rot, or even structural damage to your home.
- Upgrade Washing Machine Hoses - Old, brittle or leaky washing machine hoses are among the most frequent causes of water loss for homeowners. Replace yours often throughout the year to avoid expensive damage.
- Check Your Water Pressure - If the water pressure to your home is too high, then your pipes and hoses may fail under the high pressure. Buy a water pressure gauge at a local hardware store, attach it to an outside faucet, and turn the faucet to full force. The gauge will give you a reading of the home’s water pressure. Typical homes water systems are designed for a pressure of 40 – 70 psi. Anything above 70 psi will put your plumbing at risk.
- Monitor Your Water Bill - Sometimes, the only way you know that water is leaking is taking a closer look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next, then there is probably a leak somewhere in the home.
If you do unfortunately experience water damage, we are here to help. Call us at (956)585-3499
Smoke and Soot Facts
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today –(956)585-3499
Fire Damage In Your Residence Can Necessitate Soot Cleanup Services
After a fire, homeowners commonly find soot on ceilings, walls, and other objects or materials in their homes. Most wall surfaces, including painted drywall, brick, or wallpaper, are porous. Soot consists of fine particles that can penetrate deeply into porous surfaces, causing lingering odors and stains.
Most of the time, it's possible to remove soot from ceilings and walls, but in serious cases, it may be necessary to remove, repaint or reinstall affected materials like wallpaper and drywall. To get the best outcome from soot clean up after fire damage in your residence, you should hire a professional restoration firm like SERVPRO. Our fire restoration experts are equipped to handle the smoke, ash, and soot cleanup process quickly and effectively. We begin soot cleanup by removing most of the dry soot using a duster, H.E.P.A vacuum or dry cleaning sponge.
When cleaning some surfaces like wallpaper, the appropriate method to use is dry cleaning. Other surfaces can respond well and tolerate wet cleaning procedures. Using a chemical-dry sponge or a dry-cleaning sponge is appropriate when a high oxygen fire has caused soot to build up in a particular area. The soot can smear and leave an unsightly stain if one attempts to use a wet cleaning method. Before we perform any wet cleaning procedures, we test the cleaning solution on an inconspicuous, small area like behind a switch plate to see if it causes any staining.
Soot can cause further damage in your home if it is ground and smudged into paint, plaster, wallpaper, walls, upholstery, and carpets. The odor that soot can cause is difficult to eradicate with typical cleaning methods and household products. Normal household vacuums are inefficient in removing soot and ash for they redeposit the particles around a house which can contaminate previously unaffected rooms and areas. Our SERVPRO technicians can use HEPA vacuums to remove soot from the affected areas, including sockets and light switches. If you do not clean these fixtures before use, short-circuiting can occur. HEPA vacuums trap the particles, preventing them from redepositing.
For help in removing soot from your home, contact SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg at (956)585-3499. We have the tools and expertise to deal with the aftermath of a fire and restore your property to its pre-fire damage condition.
Disaster Recovery Team
When a storm or disaster strikes your home or business, SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team is poised and "Ready for whatever happens." With a network of more than 1,700 franchises nationwide, the SERVPRO system strives to be faster to any size disaster. Strategically located throughout the United States, SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team is expertly trained and readily equipped to handle the largest storms and highest floodwaters. Providing experience, manpower, equipment, and other resources, the Disaster Recovery Team is always on call and available to assist SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg. SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team has responded to hundreds of disaster events. In the aftermath of a disaster, there is only one objective: to help you make it "Like it never even happened."
Did you know that SERVPRO has a specialized storm team and large loss response network to provide the resources to your property when others can’t? In the event of a disaster, SERVPRO professionals have the resources to relocate crews with equipment to take care of all of our customer’s needs. SERVPRO strategically places mobilization teams across the country to travel when needed to support recovery after large storm events such as hurricanes. Our job as water damage restoration professionals is to limit the amount of business interruption. We understand that fast mitigation is key to getting your business back up and running. SERVPRO provides the resources in the event of a large storm event to make sure that the right equipment, procedures, and training are in place to ensure that the structure is dry the first time and saves you time and money.
Do you have questions about how SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg can help you prepare for a disaster? Contact us at (956)585-3499
Preparing Your Commercial Business for a Disaster
Be SERVPRO Ready with our commercial disaster loss Emergency Ready Program!
It is stated that about 50% of commercial business who run into a disaster never reopen after a storm disaster occurred. SERVPRO of McAllen wants to help more businesses stay in business after an emergency happens and be there for support when needed.
SERVPRO of McAllen established an Emergency Disaster Program so that when a disaster comes, you will have a blanket of security in times of panic. This is a detailed description of where to go, when to take action and who you can call. An emergency ready profile is vital for your commercial business because a storm disaster could happen at any moment, and SERVPRO wants to help prepare our customers for any disaster that may come their way. The ERP, or emergency ready profile is a profile that will have all the necessary information you need to handle situations with disasters. No contracts are involved and it is at no cost to you or your business. We locate all the emergency numbers you may need and emergency action checklist for a step by step on what to do in a disaster. We also have provided the necessary utility shut off locations for all the gas, electric, heat, water and other important locations to know and understand how to turn them off. This is vital because in case of emergencies and panic, you may not know how to even shut off the source, which is important because the source needs to be shut off before any action can be done. It will also give you a complete property overview, showing where emergency exits are and where exactly you should leave the property when evacuating.
Time is of the essence in cases of emergency, so it is important to act fast to eliminate anymore disaster from occurring. By having a plan of action, you can readily be prepared and act in a timely manner, and limit the amount of time you as a company, are inactive. Not only does the ERP save you time, but money as well. We obtain all your insurance information so you have it readily available at your convenience as a mobile app also. We have detailed an insurance policy information in your pamphlet to inform our customers what their policy is and what is covered by insurance. It is important to keep in mind, safety first and to account for everyone in the building and make sure everyone is okay before moving on. Things get crazy and hectic and emotions run high when a disaster occurs, so SERVPRO of McAllen wants to make this as easy as possible for our customers because we understand the hardships you might be going through at that moment. We can offer you all the services in the world to cleanup the damage, but the best service we can offer is helping you be prepared.
SERVPRO wants the best for our customers and we know the best for them is the Emergency Ready Profile. SERVPRO of McAllen always has your back when it comes to preparedness and the essentials when dealing with storm disasters!
Restoring Your Commercial Property After a Water Damage Event
We can help restore your commercial property back to preloss conditions faster than you can say green.
Perla Chapa - Marketing Coordinator.
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg.
SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We Provide Post Construction Cleanup!
Post Construction Debris Cleanup In our Clients Home.
Perla Chapa - Marketing Coordinator
When you think about post construction clean up, does this sound like debris removal or cleanup of dust and dirt? A post construction cleanup is actually both!
The job scope can include removing construction debris such as loose boards and scraps from inside the structure, sweeping the floors, prepping for carpet or other types of flooring, washing windows, and dusting. Our final interior cleanup is a detailed top to bottom white glove clean after construction wraps up. Our trained team can perform services for both residential customers and commercial clients. We have completed work in small apartments, large homes, restaurants, city buildings, and large scale commercial facilities.
If you are having work done in your home or business and will need a post construction clean, give our office a call for a walk through. Our project manager will provide a break down of the job scope as well as a detailed estimate specific to your project. (956) 585-3499
All your Commercial Cleaning Needs.
Our SERVPRO Professionals Assisting a local Walgreen That needed a Bio-hazard Clean-up
Perla Chapa - Marketing Coordinator
Time is a Precious Commodity.
When you need it done right, and done fast, call SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg for all your commercial cleaning needs. Did you know when you hire SERVPRO for maintenance cleaning, you get around-the-clock restoration services built with you in mind? Quality cleaning and quick response- That's the SERVPRO way. Can't Figure out how to get the job done? Call SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg for all your emergency restoration needs. Through it all, you expect the most reliable information, and the very best service at a fair price. We are committed to providing fire, and water cleanup, and restoration services to reduce business interruptions, and recovery costs.
From Carpets to Catastrophes.
Our SERVPRO Professionals are IICRC Certified in all of the cleaning, and restoration services we provide.
Perla Chapa - Marketing Coordinator
What SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Can Do For You.
SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Provides a variety of services for both Commercial, and Residential Properties.
The services we Provide are as Followed:
- Fire, smoke, and Soot Cleanup, and Restoration - Pretesting helps SERVPRO determine what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke, and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
- Water Removal, and Dehumidification - SERVPRO Professionals identify the source, and type of water, which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature, and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
- Crime Scene, Biohazard, and Vandalism Cleanup - SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg Technicians are trained to safely, and effectively clean biohazardous substances, and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and Local Health, and state Regulations.
- Mold Mitigation, and Remediation - SERVPRO Professionals work to control, and remediate mold contaminants while protecting your health, and safety.
- Contents Claim Inventory Service - Accurate inventory helps keep costs low, and reduces job completion time. We can provide an itemized, area-by-area loss inventory.
- Air Duct, and HVAC Cleaning - Our Technicians can inspect your HVAC system, and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors, and improve indoor air quality.
- Carpet, and Hard Floor Cleaning, and Care - We use the latest IICRC training as well as state of the art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet's pile, and backings.
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications - Using IICRC standards for carpet as a guide, SERVPRO of East Mission/ South Edinburg will show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet's level of soiling, and explain the benefits of soil protection.
- Odor Identification, and Deodorization - SERVPRO Technicians will find the source of the odor, and determine the best methods to neutralize, and eliminate it.
- Upholstery, and Drapes: Wet or Dry Cleaning Methods - Fabrics are inspected, and tested to determine the safest, and most effective cleaning methods.