Be Prepared for Hurricane Season with SERVPRO Brownsville-SPI
Our crew of workers, gathering up for a briefing before taking off to a job site.
Understand, preparing for a storm may come different this year due to covid 19. Although things may be looking on a brighter side, we want you to help protect yourself from getting sick or severely getting ill with covid 19. If you have not yet gotten vaccinated, and you’re interested, look into your local region for more information
Let’s go over some information you may need when preparing for hurricane season:
You want to give yourself time to be prepared:
Meaning stock up on all the good stuff from emergency disaster supplies, water, medicine supplies and food. There’s the option of home delivery for safe way of going about it. However, if that is not the option for you, if in person shopping is your only choice, remember to take precautions to protect you and others around you. Pay attention to any changes or updates in local guidelines about any evacuation plans and shelter. (Including shelters for your pets, if applicable)
If in the event, you may need to evacuate:
Be prepared with a “go kit” with personal necessities. Include items that may also protect you and others if available like germ x, Lysol wipes, Lysol, bar or liquid soap. Of course, pack your essentials from medications, a change of clothes for everyone. (Consider food and water also, in the event your relocated and have no food you’re prepared.
Our blog “sign up for weather alerts TODAY!” posted on 07/02/2021:
We provide an extensive list of weather alerts you can sign up for and stay updated on storm updates in your region. Find out where your local public shelter is and if it when needing to evacuate its open for the public, your shelter may be different this year due to covid 19.
We care for the safety of our pets as well:
with that being said have a disaster kit ready for them as well. Get more information on the disaster shelter you have chosen to see if they accept pets. Normally, when they do, they pets are housed in a differed area separate from the people.
If you will be staying with friends:
Go over any details in plans with your relative, assure that you all are on the same page. Remember to take your “go kit”. You may not need to take food or water if you are staying with a relative or clothing. That is why it is crucial to go over details with your chosen relative and know what would be needed to take. (Always remember personal/important medication/documentation for traveling).
If you under go any damages during a catastrophic event, call SERVPRO East Mission/ South Edinburg. When being the professionals in clean up and restoration we assure you an experience “Like it never even happened.”
7 fun lightning facts FOR KIDS
SERVPRO believes in the safety of your whole home! include your children when creating/discussing escape plans in the event of a catastrophic event.
FACT #1 lightning is a powerful burst of electricity that happens very quickly during a thunder storm! It is caused by an electrical charge in the atmosphere, WOAH!
That means kids the safest place to be during this time Is going to be indoors!
Fact #2 lightning can occur inside clouds, between clouds and from clouds to the ground. This last one from clouds to ground can be the most dangerous for humans!
That’s why we have to remember kids, the safest place to be during a storm is INDOORS.
Fact #3 thousand of ppl are struck every year. Lighting can even travel from person to person! That’s crazy right!
Again kids, during a storm GO INDOORS!
Fact #4 there are bolts of lightning striking somewhere on earth EVERY SECOND. Wow, that is 60 TIMES every minute!!
Fact #5 lightning contains millions of bolts of electricity (that’s some powerful stuff)!
Now remember kids, when you see a storm approaching, go inside and stay safe!
Fact #6 lighting is very hot the average temperature 36,000 degrees Fahrenheit. boiling water is 100 degrees Fahrenheit, so 36,000 degrees is HOT very HOT HOT HOT.
The last fun fact…
Fact #7 lighting can also occur during volcanic eruption, dust storms or even snow storms. It can also happen during forest fires and tornadoes.
Geez! Lightning is dangerous! Remember kids when there’s a storm or lightning go INDOORS for safety!
Avoid a Fire in Your Kitchen
SERVPRO employee deep cleaning of the kitchen interior after a fire.
An estimated 358,500 home fires occur every year. 50% of these fires start in the kitchen! In a five-year period, house fires caused $6.9 billion in property damage (NFPA). The main top three causes of fires in homes are cooking, heating equipment, and electrical malfunction (FEMA). It can take just 30 seconds for a small flame to turn into a major blaze (Department of Homeland Security). An average of 358,500 homes experiences a structural fire each year (NFPA). Every day, at least one child dies from a fire inside the home (Stanford Children’s Hospital). Its crazy to think all this is coming from a house fire, but nothing is impossible.
Let’s observe these following safety tips:
- Heaters- be sure to keep these heaters at least 3 feet away from any flammable objects, such as blankets or curtains.
- Space heaters- should be kept on tile or ceramic flooring — away from carpets or rugs. (Consider purchasing a space heater that automatically shuts off in the event it’s tipped over.)
- Be sure to extinguish the embers in a fireplace or the flame of a candle
- Install a fire alarm in every room and every floor of your home. Install a carbon monoxide detector on every floor of your home. Test all devices yearly and replace batteries as needed.
- If the unthinkable happens and you do find yourself in a house fire, remember:
- “Stop, drop, and roll” if your clothing is on fire.
- Crawl low to the floor and keep your airways covered.
- Touch door handles to test if they’re hot before opening the door.
- To open and use a fire extinguisher, use the following acronym: PASS
- Pull the pin
- Aim low at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the handle slowly
- Sweep the nozzle side to side
Home Sweet.. Business?
When you see a bright green and orange vehicle, know were working the hardest to restore your local business back to its 100% !
Water damages within your business.
When owning a small business or a franchise, regardless of the size, we care for our business the same way we would our home.
One of the most dreadful things we can deal with is water damages within your business. Weather it’s a local small business or not, you don’t want to get that call that there are water damages due to whatever reason.
Here are some pointers you might want to check out if you are a business owner and you want to prevent water damage.
- Stay up to date on weather news- you want to be able to be ahead of the storm in other words to take the necessary precautions and avoid any or severe damages.
- Sand bags- many counties provide this locally to people and businesses. Align them outside your building to prevent water coming in.
- Cover windows and doors- you don’t have to but some businesses do take an extra precaution by boarding up windows and doors. (Eliminating any broken windows from wind/debris)
- Valve shut off- know and educate your employees (if you have any) where to locate the shut off valves. If by any chance you have an unstructured business or not well insulated, by you shutting off the valves you’re avoiding a pipe to crack, freeze or bust.
- Inventory and vital paper work- keep all your paper work backed up on an electronic device for safe keeping and/or keep your paperwork in high shelves or in a secure area; where water cannot reach them in the event of a flood. (Waterproof containers work great)
- regular inspection to your business- water damage doesn’t only happen from a flood or busted pipe (from storms and heavy winds and rain)- roofs can start to leak, hot water heaters can leak, air conditioners can leak, sprinkler systems (when triggered) can cause commercial water damage for business.
If you know of someone who is experience water damages or you yourself have been curious about these problems within your business, call SERVPRO. Ranging from east mission/south Edinburg we will be by your side in the even if all you need is an inspection or cleaning/restoration service. Our lights might be off at the office but we carry our phones with us to be at your service the second you place your claim. Call now for more information on your business
3 Reasons Why You Should Trust SERVPRO
Day or NIGHT, we will get the job done!
I could sit here and type many reasons why I think customers should contact us in the event their home suffers any damage from a catastrophic event. But instead of that I’m going to cut it short and give you the top 3 main reasons!
- Locally family owned – there’s some sort of rest assuring feeling when you know the ones handling your home restorations. We understand the importance of coming home to a safe home. At SERVPRO Mission, we feel confident in saying you’d be getting an experience “Like it never even happened."
- 100% Corporate Support- no franchise is left behind! Although each franchise has its own independence, we have the TOTAL and complete support of our corporate family. If a disaster strikes a particular area, the local SERVPRO has access to corporate resources. If ever the need, extra equipment and help can be there in no time to assist with the increased demand for remediation.
- Certified- rest assure not letting just anyone into your home or business when you trust SERVPRO as your remediation and or restoration company. Our technicians are certified in various categories listed below:
- Water damage restoration
- Applied microbial remediation
- Applied structural drying
- Carpet cleaning
- Health and safety equivalent
- Fire and smoke restoration
- Commercial drying specialist
- Upholstery and fabric cleaning
- Carpet repair and reinstallation
- Odor control
- Trauma and crime scene
- Journeyman textile cleaner
- Master water restorer
- Master fire and smoke restorer
Phew, that took a moment! But isn’t that great!? Leave the job to the professions, well handle all the heavy work to claims with your insurance. You only have to make the call!! SERVPRO will be available 24/7/365 to help you get your home back!!
BUSINESSES AND WATER DAMAGE
SERVPRO helping our local businesses 24/7!
Although we talk a lot about our customers homes, their water damages, how common they are and how to prevent them, we can’t ignore the fact that business’s also encounter damages within their buildings and/or offices. After doing some research, we learned that the American Housing Survey of the U.S. Census showed that out of 100 representatives of US office buildings, 85% of these are past water damage while 45% are experiencing current leaks. Financially as a business owner, its important to maintain the stability of your building.
Here are some major causes of water damage we want to provide as a key guide for owners to follow and assure there are no water damages that may lead to crucial damages in the future
- Damaged sprinkler system- the law requires for all commercial entities, incase of a fire, to have a sprinkler system, along with a fire alarm. After some time, sprinklers may get broken or begin to malfunction. This becomes dangerous, for you the owner, because if the sprinklers malfunction and go off on their own, without a fire, can lead to an unexpected flood.
- Roof leaks- take into mind that your roof is what gets all the weather impacts. From too much sun, hail, and rain and a leaky roof can lead to water damage.
- Broken HVAC System- an HVAC system that aren’t cleaned and/or maintained regularly can cause water damage from the excess water in the compression tanks.
- Broken equipment and appliances- worst-case scenario for this example is when no one notices a leaking appliance, or during off hours something breaks leading to unpredicted results
- Damaged windows- here’s another common cause for commercial buildings. Rain water and moisture can seep through especially if the windows are not properly maintained and need re-caulking. Although this might not lead to immediate flooding, it can do great damage to your drywall and encourage mold growth.
- Natural disaster- the number one most feared. Mother nature can impact the strongest and cost us the most.
We can’t get rid of the obvious, but we can familiarize ourselves with the common causes to help minimize the risk and damage.
Basement + Water Damage = ?
Save time and money, skip the traditional way and call SERVPRO. We’ll keep all salvaged items in a stored and safe facility.
What to do when you find water damage in your basement.
First things first. Turn off the power and unplug any electrical appliances. Take some time after this to be able to collect any salvaged items- prioritize your important documents, valuable items and electronics. Throw away anything that can no longer be of us. Note: at SERVPRO we have professionals who can identify whether any of your items are unsalvageable.
Next step, begin to remove water from your basement. You can go the traditional way, by using buckets and towels or choose SERVPRO to help. We use various methods the help you in the most efficient and productive way. From using pumps to bringing in as many dehumidifiers as needed. Note: the faster we begin this process, there is a higher possibility of avoiding mold growth.
Rain in The Valley
Rain or shine, you can always count on SERVPRO 24/7/365 to assist you in your time of need !
The one time we need to be extra cautions, when it comes to rain, is when its won’t stop raining. Born and raised in the valley, I believe we can all agree we tend to experience prolonged and heavy rainfall the most.
Prolonged rainfall is basically continuous rain. Take note, after a long period of rainfall the ground will become saturated and won’t absorb water anymore. Once the ground reaches this point, this tends to lead to a rapid increase surface runoff.
Now when we mention heavy rainfall, we think “well isn’t that the same thing?” In a way yes, with one major exception. Prolonged rainfall will take longer to end up in flood as for heavy rainfalls can fall so rapidly creating a flash flood.
we’ve already began to see more rain, especially this week, in the valley. Being knowledgeable of the rain we’ve been experience can have us prepared on what to except. With us being mid hurricane season its also a good time to go over your insurance coverage. Make sure you’re covered for water damage and flooding or take necessary action to add these to your plan! Be prepared and stay safe, with SERVPRO by your side.
After Fire Mode: Activated
Here's a close look at our storage after all clothes have been washed, dried and iron. We store everything accordingly to the home it came from.
One of the most interesting thigs I found within the SERVPRO franchise was the textiles department.
Let’s break it down!
SERVPRO works 1x1 with your insurance to help give you the most and best restoration that you’re entitled to. We go into depths of cleaning out the house/business after the fire and sanitizing your home.
Need repairs? We got you covered.
“But what about my smoke penetrated clothes or sofas!?” WE GOT YOU COVERED!!
I cannot stress how thorough our workers go into making your textiles look like they never even underwent a fire! Crazy, right?
Let’s break it down even more (this is the fun part)
After we clean out your home/business we have our professionals what is salvageable from the items we brought back. (These textiles i.e., could be your tv, clothes, shoes, appliances, couches, refrigerator… etc.) whatever is determines is unsalvageable (example a hole in your shirt) we place these items separately for your insurance can reimburse you for the items.
We label everything making sure we know whose home it came from and what room it should go back in when we take everything cleaned and restored. From polishing your work boots, to hipping down the play kitchen set your kids had in their room. We go into so much details we make sure to go through every wash tag on the clothes and if any is non washer safe, we go ahead and send them to a cleaner. We iron and bag every single item.
Once the job is done
- all furniture has been polished
- clothes washed, dried and ironed
- shoes cleaned whipped down (buffed if needed)
- dry cleaners have been picked up (if applicable)
- dishes, appliances, equipment removed from the home cleaned polished and disinfected.
We follow the labels with the name of the customer head to the home and start putting everything back the way it was BEFORE the fire. Count on walking back in to your home and getting a sense of “Like it never even happened.”
Note: check with your insurance company to assure if your belongings are covered in the event of a fire besides your home, and add it to your plan. If you find yourself in such scenario, you won’t regret having this add on.
Fire Safety for Kids!
Call us today, (956) 585-3433, for your FREE quote!
Although the thought of our children going back to school might be lingering in the air, that may not be quite the scenario just yet. With summer school ending in most school, at this point in the summer, we all have our homes busy with the little pitter patters of our little ones. Take a moment during this down time you have and go over some safety tips with them! Give yourself the peace of mind knowing they know what steps, and directions, to follow in the event of a FIRE!
First things first, you want to have an escape plan ready. Its important to provide and easy escape route for children, for they sometimes need help in getting out of the house. They may not know what to do, or how to, unless an adult shows them so.
- Have a plan ready for children who cannot go outside by themselves. In this scenario, if you have younger children or babies who can’t exit without the actual help of someone, talk to one another to know who will help each child to safety.
- Its important to have 2 ways out of each room in your home, in the event one exit is blocked or not safe to exit from.
- Have a meeting place outside your home. Kids should know what to do when they hear a smoke alarm and they are alone. Help them practice going to the meeting place, and discuss the importance of never going back inside a building, that is on fire.
We don’t want to think of our children being put through such scenario, but unfortunately the possibilities aren’t zero. For the safety of our kids, (peace of mind to us, the parents) its always better to be extra prepared!!
In the event your home suffers from any fire damage, call SERVPRO (insert franchise) .At SERVPRO, we understand family means everything. When you’re a family-owned franchise you want to be able to provide this feeling of safety and peace of mind. We are here to help you! To help restore your home, and RESTORE you that feeling of safety back! When we provide 24/7/365 service, it isn’t hard to do either!!