Fire BE Gone!
Call 956-585-3433 for more information on our restoration process available. OPEN 24/7!!
There’re many precautions you can take to prevent fires in your home and feel safe. The reality is even if we take 1000 precautions accidents happen on a daily basis. Sometimes theses accidents can even be a result of mother nature. Lightning strikes shouldn’t be taken lightly, when the National Weather Service reports that lightning starts about 4,400 house fires each year.
There are 2 main sources we have found to help local residents be prepared in the event of a fire outburst:
- Smoke Alarms- We all remember the usual routine fire drills we would have in school hopping it would be during our p.E time to get out of doing exercise! How many fire drills do you remember having in your home? Or in your work scenario? Not many or none at all huh.. Let’s change that. Setting up a smoke detector can cut nearly HALF of the risks of fires. Remember to use the MUTE setting when cooking or baking instead of turning it off. Test your smoke detector once a month. Note: Make sure they are wired together, so that if one sounds, they all sound.
- Fire extinguishers- consider having 1-2 of these around the home. An extinguisher rated “A-B-C” is recommended for home use. Many are designed also just for a one time (take this into mind in the event you happen to use it). Note: if you the fire is not being put out by the extinguisher, drop the extinguisher and get out. There’s no need to play hero when it comes to a fire, go to your designated safe zone and call 911 for further instructions and don’t go back in the home.
If in the event if a fire, your home suffers from internal damages or your textiles do call us! Count on us to be there for you in the restoration process 100% of the way, and provide you back a home, “Like it never even happened.”
water vs flood damages
Keeping even our local ECISD schools safe <3
Would you be shocked, to learn today, that flood damage is not considered a form of water damage? “What?” “How?” or “Why?” are probably all the questions going through your head right now. You’re not alone though.
Homeowners/business owners sometimes don’t know or realize that water damage and flood damage are 2 different kinds of coverages. It’s important to know that if you own a home but do not have flood insurance, you will not be compensated by your insurance company for flood damage.
We’re going to break down some components for you here and explain some causes and key items your insurance WONT cover in the event of either flood or water damage.
Potentially covered by homeowner’s insurance. Affects only your home.
- Common causes:
- appliances, busted/frozen/leaking pipes, bathtub/toilet overflow
- Key items not covered:
- Repair of the source of the leak (i.e. washing machine)
- Flood damage
Potentially covered by flood insurance. Rising water OUTSIDE the home as well. You and your neighbors where effected (2 or more properties)
- Common causes:
- Body of water overflow
- Heavy constant rain
- Key items not covered:
- Outside Property (trees, fences)
Get in contact with your insurance to get a personal breakdown, if you’re facing water damages. They can determine if for your scenario, you’d be covered.
Act Smart & Be Safe!
Call us at 956-585-3433, if you suffer from any fire damages!
Fires in general are always going to be unexpected. When we find ourselves away from homes, we may grow a sense of panic (which is important not to do!) Remember these steps when in the middle of a fire, for a peace of mind when facing such scenarios.
If you are the owner to your business you may want to remind your employees:
- Turn off electronic devices at the end of the day (this will help prevent any fires)
- Keep heat producing equipment (copiers, computers, coffee makers, microwaves,) away from anything that might burn.
- Report any faulty wiring or equipment’s malfunctions
- Smoke only in designated areas (if applicable)
- Call 911 in the event of a fire
- Close doors when exiting to help limit the spread of smoke and fire
- Never use the elevators during an evacuation
- Follow the escape plan. If you have not created one for your employees, take some time to do so. The escape plan should include a meeting spot and a roster, for a headcount.
- Post emergency telephone numbers as well as the company address by the phone in your station for quick access.
- Learn how to properly use a fire extinguisher.
Keep your employees safe, by passing these fire prevention tips today!
DID YOU KNOW?
When it comes to mold there’s some things that you should be aware. One thing is that mold is everywhere. It can be found outside, inside and even in commercial spaces. Mold will typically grow in wet or damp areas and can cause structural damage, rot wood even damage drywall. If you find signs of mold or suspect of mold in your commercial space, call a professional immediately before it causes serious problems or interrupts the production of your business.
What Are the types of MOLD?
In order to fully understand mold, its important to know the common mold types that are out there which include:
- Alternaria- This type of mold propagates outdoors but can be carried indoors by the wind
- Aspergillus- This type of mold is found indoors.
- Cladosporium- This is not as severe as aspergillus but should keep an eye out for it as well.
- Penicillium- This is easy to spot because it is either green or yellow.
- Stachybotrys- This is known as black mold. This type of mold can cause structural damage to properties and produce a foul odor.
These types of molds can be found within your commercial with uncontrolled moisture issues. The best way to prevent mold is to monitor for leaks and patch them up immediately. Proper ventilation will also prevent the growth of mold.
Its important to know and practice preventative measure to prevent mild outbreaks in your indoor spaces. If your mold problem is recurring, a remediation can help solve your problems and ensure you that the mold won’t grow back.
Clean away your worries, TODAY!!
Call NOW, 956-585-3433, for more information on our cleanings and disinfections.
It’s no secret that virus and bacteria are always surrounding us. You might be thinking, “I always wash my hands so...” BUT did you know only 5 percent of people wash their hands long enough? Your toilet isn’t even one of the 10 germiest places in your home! In fact, the only extremely germy location in the bathroom is the toothbrush holder, due to its proximity to the toilet. The 10 dirtiest places in your home are as follows:
- Sponges and dish rags
- Kitchen sinks
- Toothbrush holders
- Pet bowls
- Coffee makers
- Faucet handles
- Pet toys
- Kitchen counters
- Stove knobs
- Cutting boards
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was someone you could call that was available 24/7 to be able to provide a disinfecting/cleaning service? Oh wait, there is! SERVPRO TO THE RESCUE! Feel confident as you place a call to the professionals and let us handle the heavy work.
NOTE: The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line meet this standard and carry the EPA-registered emerging pathogens claims.
Claims Friendly at SERVPRO!
We are always here to help and provide you an easy restoration process.
Claims Friendly at SERVPRO!
We know filling claims and keeping up with them can be hassle. Weather its time you don’t have to spare of knowledge on what is going on. SERVPRO has you covered from the first phone call you make to the very end, when you return to a home “like it never even happened”.
WE offer 2 great services which are:
- Claims Inventory Service- where SERVPRO franchise professionals can provide an itemized loss inventory. Clients will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
- Electronic Claims Information- which provides fast, accurate information you need to make sound decisions, including:
- A Complete Electronic Job File.
- First Notice of Loss.
- Detailed Estimate.
- Digital Loss Photos.
- Scanned Forms and Paperwork.
- All delivered by email or hard copy.
- On-line Access to All Files.
- New Assignments.
- Pending Jobs.
- Completed Jobs.
- Informative Reports to Improve Results
- Performance Comparison to Industry Standard
Save time and energy when you trust us with your claim and home. Call 96-585-3433 for more information!
Save money with SERVPRO
"Like it never even happened."
We know how devastating the loss of personal items can be when dealing with water damages or fires within homes and/or commercials. At SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg we train and turn our employees into professionals when it comes to TEXTILES restoration claims. Our professionals know the rule is “RESTORE WHENEVER POSSIBLE, REPLACE ONLY WHEN NECESSARY”. Truth is restoring your property will cost you much less than replacing property. With that being said, we will make sure pretesting is complete on every loss item to determine restorability. Our services are available 24/7, meaning best believe our crew will be out there upon your phone call. If you are an emergency claim trust the process will be handled ASAP! We understand as a customer’s appreciate the immediate response and know everything is being done to limit the damage. Call us, 956-585-3433, to ask for more information on our restoration process.
Start the year off right, disinfect your COMMERCIAL BUSINESS TODAY!
take a step forward and call us for MORE information on our covid-19 cleanings/disinfection process.
It's back to school and work time and with that being said, we know how crucial it may feel to go back to a safe working environment. We have been dealing with Covid-19 for about a year and half now, and with the DELTA variant adding itself to the equation, staying clean seems to be the safest choice.
Staying clean doesn’t just mean washing your hands and using germ-x every chance you get. We are talking about a DEEPER clean one done to the school your children attend, your workplace or even your home.
At SERVPRO of East Mission & South Edinburg, we use top of the line equipment to eliminate and prevent the spread of germs. We want to provide YOU the security to not just you but those around you like your employees or children.
Our employees #1 goal is to focus on detail, to provide an experience, “Like it never even happened.” Whether it's from cleaning or disinfecting the area, count on us to provide you back a sense of safety when it comes to cleanliness. CALL US, 956-585-3433!!
STOP, DROP and MOLD??
DID YOU KNOW?
Mold can be anywhere and everywhere. Although we may think, “mold is small”, it can easily grow and spread faster than we think. Interesting fact: Mold can produce these spores that will float in the air and spread from outdoors to indoors and vise versa.
Mold can be found from outside, inside and yes even your commercial business. Mold typically, will grow in a wet or constant damp indoor areas. This can lead to interior damage like rotten wood or damaged drywall.
If you see mold inside your commercial space, it should be taken care off immediately before it causes problems and interrupts your business. If you’re an employee report any mold finding to upper management for proper procedures. Taking care of mold as soon as it found is crucial to avoid any employees experiencing health effects which can lead to them missing work leading to less production. Also taking into mind the damages to the structure of your business might worsen with the more you prolong it.
If you develop mold in your commercial business, you can either remove it yourself, call a company to remove it or do mold remediation. Mold remediation is a process in which mold is removed but also addresses the CAUSE of the mold outbreak so that it won’t happen again.
If you hire SERVPRO Brownsville-SPI for your mold remediation, we will inspect visual spaces and even spaces that you didn’t consider. Don’t waste time if you have spotted signs of mold, call 956-747-3020 for more information!
Your floor’s forever companion is in need!
DID YOU KNOW!?
Having your home carpeted is probably one of the best feelings ever! Dealing with damages to it is a different story. The idea of a moist carpet is just awful, and if let alone could lead to mold growth. With that being said if you see the interior of your carpeted home suffer any water damages, it is crucial you seek professional water damage restoration services. (LIKE US!!)
Although not all water damages are severe to where you require outside services. For example, if you spill something small, like a glass of water, or have wet foot prints within the home; here’s a couple of steps you may want to follow:
- Extract the water: this will vary on the amount of water needed to be removed from the carpet. If excess, you may need to use a shop vac.
- Follow-up with an absorbent towel: after removing the excess water, press down with absorbent towels on the carpet. (If at this point you are struggling to remove the excess water its time to consider calling water damage professionals.
- Air dry the carpet: placing fans and dehumidifiers will help circulate the air and assist with the evaporation. (Check back on this process hourly) (if minimal water a hair drier can be used)
NOTE: in the event of a flood, it may be near impossible to salvage both the carpet and the padding underneath it. In these cases, the removal and replacing of both the carpet and padding is recommended.
- Replace the carpet padding: assure that when drying your carpet, not just the top fibers dry. The carpet padding needs to be dried completely or it could lead to mold damage which will speak quickly.
Know that when you contract SERVPRO of East Mission and South Edinburg you are hiring a group professional. Our employees are trained and educated to be able to identify when and if your carpet can be salvaged. They are trained to know what process is necessary to restore everything back to look, “Like it never even happened.” Call us, at 956-585-3433, if you have any severe water damages within your home and your interior belonging where damages.